Friday, January 11, 2013


CHAPTER ONE

HOW SHASTA SET OUT ON HIS TRAVELS

In the first chapter of The Horse and His boy there lived a poor fisherman whose name was Arsheesh. With him there lived a boy fair and white name was Shasta. Arsheesh was not very nice to Shasta. One day a Tarkaan named Anradin comes to visit, riding on a great war horse. He tells Arsheesh "I have a mind to buy that boy of yours." It is discovered that Shasta is not the real son of Arsheesh. Shasta, while waiting to be sold, wanders to the stable and sees the war horse; "I wish you could talk, old fellow...” and the horse replied, "But I can." Both of them agreed they should just go, but where? "Narnia," answered the Horse. "The happy land of Narnia ."Then I'd better run away," said Shasta, turning very pale. "Yes, you had," said the Horse. "But why not run away with me?" ."Are you going to run away too?" said Shasta. "Does that mean we'd better go to the South?" "Can I call you Bree?" .Now: for Narnia and the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment